About Quality Maintenance (QM)
Become an approved A/C Quality Contractor and give your customers instant* rebates up to $150 for Quality Maintenance services.
Annual maintenance is one of the most cost-effective ways to help customers reduce their energy bills, improve their comfort, and avoid unexpected no cooling calls during the hottest times of the year. The Quality Maintenance Program provides incentives to contractors and customers who have their units optimized to run as efficiently as possible.
*Contractors will be paid up to $150 in incentives by SCE to perform services using EM HVAC diagnostic tool. These incentives will allow the contractor to offer an "instant" rebate to the customer.
The Quality Maintenance Program is comprehensive in nature and looks to diagnose, identify, and address problems specific to each unit. Technicians equipped with modern tools and diagnostic software are now able to provide a more meaningful and accurate assessment of residential HVAC systems than ever before. Using these new tools allows technicians to pinpoint potential airflow and charge issues and make the appropriate repairs where they are needed. The Program seeks to reward technicians who make an overall improvement to the operating EER of the system.
Technicians participating in the program perform baseline measurement of an existing system to assess the current operating condition of the unit and provide the customer with a snapshot of how the system was operating before maintenance. Once the technician completes the initial pre-test, the technician performs maintenance tasks in accordance with ACCA 4 and then performs a post-test to measure any improvement in the system. The post-test also provides further analysis of the system to determine if additional faults exist preventing the system from running in an optimal state. Once these tasks have been completed, the technician provides the customer with the post-maintenance operating condition and may suggest further repairs if necessary.
In order to qualify for the rebate, the customer must have services performed by a participating program contractor per the Quality Maintenance Guidelines. For each system submitted to the program, the contractor must provide documentation of the following:
- Customer Invoice showing the instant rebates up to $150
- Customer signed Terms and Conditions
- Any applicable rebate application(s) signed by the customer.
After the services have been performed and submitted, SCE will conduct site inspections of the HVAC systems. At a minimum, this requires 100 percent inspection on the first 5 jobs submitted to the Program and 10% inspection of all work submitted to the Program.
The rebates offered through this program are only available to customers who have their system maintained, repaired, or installed by a participating contractor. In order to become a participating contractor, you must:
- Complete and sign Participation Agreement. Complete and sign a Contractor Participation Agreement. The Contractor Participation Agreement is a formal agreement between SCE and the contractor that defines the program rules and contractor participation requirements. All contractors must be trained and participating in the QI Program before they can be trained in the QM Program.
- Attend Load Calculation software training. You must attend software training sessions for Manual J, D, and S load calculations. The training session will provide you with an overview of both the administrative and technical requirements of the program. This three day training session must be completed in its entirety. For more information about the training sessions contact our call center at (800)378-7503.
- Complete Field Commissioning training. This training session will provide you with an overview of the proper documentation and process to commission a unit using ACCA/ANSI standards. This training must be scheduled after you have attended the Software Training.
- Once you have satisfactorily met the Program training requirements, you are ready to participate in the QI Program and distinguish yourself as ENERGY STAR QI contractor.
- Attend On-Line Training and Advanced Diagnostic and Optimization Training for QM. Participating technicians must attend both classes. These training sessions provide technicians with skills to effectively diagnose and optimize residential HVAC Units.
- Complete Field Maintenance training. This training session will provide the technician with an overview of the proper documentation and process to diagnose and optimize a unit using Program approved software. This training must be scheduled after you have attended the Software Training.
- Once you have satisfactorily met the Program training requirements, you are ready to participate in the QM Program and distinguish yourself as QM contractor.
Contractor Incentives: Contractors will be paid up to $150 in incentives by SCE to perform services using EM HVAC diagnostic tool. These incentives will allow the contractor to offer an "instant" rebate to the customer.
Basic Assessment Rebate (Maintain): The contractor is hired to perform an initial assessment using a Program Approved Diagnostic System to determine the operating condition of the unit. This assessment is performed to make sure the unit meets minimal operating conditions to qualify for the Program and provides information to the homeowner about what improvements or maintenance tasks could be performed to improve the unit. If the homeowner is unable to make the improvements required qualifying for the Advanced Optimization Rebate (see below), the homeowner will be eligible for a $50 instant rebate from the contractor to offset a portion of the costs of the contractor's services.
Advanced Optimization and Repair Rebate (Repair): The contractor is hired to perform an initial assessment using a Program approved Diagnostic System to determine the operating condition of the unit. This assessment is to make sure the unit meets minimal operating conditions to qualify for the Program and provides information to the homeowner about what improvements or maintenance tasks could be performed to improve the unit. If the Energy Efficiency of the unit is improved by at least 5% through either maintenance or repair service, meets the requirements of a final diagnostic assessment, the customer will be eligible for a $150 instant rebate from the contractor to offset a portion of the cost of the contractor's services.
Preventative Maintenance Agreement (PMA): Customers who "optimize" their units using EM HVAC and sign up for a one year PMA with the servicing contractor will receive a Preventive Maintenance Agreement rebate of $50.
This program is available for SCE residential customers with an active service account who maintains or repairs an existing central air conditioner or installs a new or replacement central air conditioner or heat pump. Customers who have more than one system at a qualifying site are eligible for rebates for each system.
To qualify for these rebates, customers must have services or installations performed at a single family (attached or detached) residence. All units must meet minimum program performance standards and all work must be performed by a Program Participating Contractor.
The Performance Bonus reimburses contractors a portion of the costs incurred for the purchase of approved tools based on the number of completed installs.
Silver Level Bonus
- Complete 50 qualifying Advanced Optimization measures.
- Bonus of 10% of the purchase cost of qualifying tools and equipment; up to $2,000.
Gold Level Bonus
- Complete 150 qualifying Advanced Optimization measures.
- Bonus of an additional 25% of the purchase cost of qualifying tools and equipment; up to an additional $5,000.
Platinum Level Bonus
- Complete 300 qualifying Advanced Optimization measures.
- Bonus of an additional 15% of the purchase cost of qualifying tools and equipment; up to an additional $3,000.
Manage your current jobs with the Document Management SystemLogin
Your education resource for the HVACR Industry.Visit Site
NATE Consumer Contractor Connection
When consumers look for a contractor that employs NATE-certified technicians, let them choose you!Register your company today!
Browse a collection of resources for more information about energy efficient A/C systems.Read More
Building Permits & Compliance
Learn more about Permits, Codes, and Compliance.Read More